Saturday, December 10, 2011

Introduction

I have worked in the health care field for several years,  as have my parents and 2 of my sisters.  I have had the opportunity to work with many many men and women who have been called to nursing (and some who were called to the paycheck) and have heard, told, and experienced many situations that we often say would make a good sitcom.  Unfortunately, with HIPPAA governing our every move, we have to be very careful what we say, how we say it, and to whom we say it.  That being said, people in general are a comedy, and I just want to be able to share some of our stories with people who will understand.  In our profession, gallows humor is predominant, so some people may be offended with some stories.  Anyone in a human services industry, though, will be right on board with these anecdotes: teachers, police officers, health care workers, social services,and any other field that works with the public as a whole probably have similar experiences, and you are welcome to send them in!  I hope this will give you some laughs, a break from your day, and maybe some reminders of your own years of service.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment